Food Safety Scares Up in 2018 - Diverse Health

Higher Education News and Jobs

Food Safety Scares Up in 2018

Email
   
        


by Allison Aubrey

Matt Arteaga, 51, is one of about 500 people who got sick this summer in an outbreak linked to McDonald’s salads. The cause was a parasite, cyclospora.

Arteaga fell ill on a Thursday afternoon in June. He was in his office in Danville, Ill., when he says the symptoms came on quickly. “The chills, and body aches, severe cramping, sharp pain in my stomach,” Arteaga recalls.

Read More

Comments